Sinus Infections and Orthognathic / Maxillofacial / Jaw Surgery
So what is a sinus infection?
- Exposure to dust, dirt, pollen or any other irritants in the air
- Excessive mucus production
- Blockage in the drainage duct due to an obstruction
- Bacteria travelling from the respiratory tract or other bacteria such as streptococcus pneumoniae
What are the symptoms of a sinus infection?
- Yellow, foul smelling nasal discharge
- Pressure and pain in the face
- Nasal obstruction
- Cold symptoms that seem to get worse and do not improve
- Sometimes sinus infections may be accompanied by a cough
If you would like to be kept informed about the latest work I am undertaking and want to receive more content from the Jaw & Face charity project, you can subscribe for FREE on the link below.